Friday, April 17, 2009

A little more fun and then USA!

Wednesday
Today was a great day! We started today off by heading out to the Tower of London. This is where you can find the quarters of Sir Walter Raleigh while he was being held for acts of treason. Also, this is where people like King Henry VIII’s wives were put before killed such as Anne Boelyn. More importantly, this is where the crown jewels are kept. All the crowns and scepters, of past and the present Queen Elizabeth II are kept in a locked vault that you are allowed to walk through. Also, the coronation robe of Queen Elizabeth II is here to. After this we went to lunch and headed to St. Pauls. GORGEOUS and AWESOME! We climbed two the top of the dome and looked down into the church as well as up into the dome. Mom and I climbed another level and were able to walk around the top of the dome outside and see across London. St. Paul’s was pretty incredible. Then we went on two small adventures before heading back to the hotel to change before supper and Mamma Mia. First we went and found the branch of First Citizens in London for Dad. The security guard was not very nice, and it was obvious that he was not going to let us go upstairs and see. Next we went to King’s Cross where Harry Potter’s Platform 9 and ¾ is. Mom got a picture pushing the cart through the wall just like Harry Potter. Then we headed to the hotel and got changed. We went to dinner with Kinsey in Chinatown and got some real good food. After this Mom and I set off on the best night ever. We went and saw Mamma Mia, which was absolutely fabulous. It was so much fun.

Thursday
This morning I had class so Mom and Dad headed by themselves to the Changing of the Guard. They made it on their own in the London Tube. They have succeeded. They got to see a smaller version of Changing of the Guard without the bands because it was misting, but they at least can say they saw it. They met me at my school’s tube station and we headed to lunch. We went to one of my favorite pub, and Dad got fish and chips for the last time. Next we went to the British Library and Mom was in her element. Just ask, and I am sure she will share all the details from the Library with you. Next it was time to go shopping. We headed to Oxford Street and we went to the Clarks store and mom got a nice new pair of shoes. Then we went to Marks and Spencer where mom found some nice clothing and a very comfortable pair of new shoes for work. Then we headed back to my place, got my stuff that I was sending home with mom and headed back to the hotel where mom commenced the packing for their departure on Friday. We went to Picadilly Circus to eat dinner and hit up all the souvenir shops. We got a lot of cool things and mom of course got two teapots to add to her collection. Finally, to end their London experience, we got on the top of a double-decker bus in the front row and rode back to the hotel one last time. I stayed with them for a while just hanging out and then let them go to bed because they are going to have a long day tomorrow.

Friday
Today I woke up at 6:15 and went to see my parents off. They got on the train at 7:00 and headed to the airport. I of course went back to sleep immediately after their train left and I got back to my flat. I woke up again around 11 and headed off for my day. Natalie and I went out to Lambeth this afternoon to do research for our sociology class and had loads of fun. Then, Kinsey, Natalie and I went to see 17 again. It was actually a really good movie. Who knew? I came back and checked on my parent’s flight and saw they had landed in Norfolk. I gave them a call and they were picking up their suitcases and were about to head out to the car and home, so the made it back safely. All is well in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment