Sunday, April 12, 2009

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday
It all began with mom and dad coming around the corner in Paddington station after a long flight and train ride into central London. I greeted mom with a stuffed Paddington Bear, and we headed to the hotel to drop off their bags. After this we grabbed a bit of breakfast from a little café in Paddington station and then headed off to start our day. Today will be very short of events because mom and dad were very jet lagged and tired. We started by a quick trip to my flat and showing my parents around the area I live in. Then we headed of to Changing of the Guard. We walked through St. James Park and Green Park, and then down to Westminster and Big Ben before heading to Buckingham palace. However, when we got to Buckingham we found out that Changing of the Guards was cancelled because of the rainy misty weather. BUMMER! Will try again on Monday. After this we went to see my school and I showed them around the area and ended up getting lunch at a nice little cafe down the street from my school. After lunch we went to the British Museum, which was next door. We walked around for awhile and mom and dad were a little overwhelmed with all the multitudes of artifacts in this museum so we decided to leave after seeing a little over half of it. Next it was time to check into the hotel. We went back and they were not quite ready so we sat in the lobby for a while and went and got toothpaste from the store because theirs got taken at the airport. When we finally checked into the hotel, mom and dad took naps while I ran back to my flat to grab some things. When I got back mom woke up and we talked for a good hour and a half while dad slept some more. Eventually dad woke up and we went across the street from the hotel and got dinner from the Aberdeen Steakhouse, and then went back to the hotel. Turned on the TV for a little and dad got disappointed because there was not a lot of US shows, DUH! I let them go to bed early because we are going to get a little early start tomorrow.

Sunday
This morning I woke up and headed to get mom and dad. I was a little early so we grabbed some breakfast before heading out. We went to church together for Easter Sunday at Holy Trinity Brompton and it was really good. We then went back to my flat so I could change, and mom and dad met the girls from Flat D that I spend oh so much time with. We went back to their hotel, and then got lunch at a pub outside of Paddington. Then it was off to Greenwich for the afternoon. Due to some construction on the underground, we had to go a different route than I normally had gone and so there was a bit of confusion and I got off the bus a little to early, but it was all good. I actually asked for directions. We finally got to Greenwich and I showed the parents around. We went to see all the lovely items such as the painted hall, the chapel and the Queens house as well as the Royal Observatory. Then we went to the Greenwich market and dad had a great idea. We decided to take a boat ride down the Thames river back into London and ended up at Westminster. We walked form here to Trfalgar Square and then stopped for some dinner at the Texas Embassy. After dinner dad said he was refreshed so walking would be good, so we walked to Picadilly Circus and Oxford Circus. Enough walking for one day, so we headed back to the hotel, where to dad’s delight he found the Masters on TV and we watched that for a while. Still a little jet lagged, I left them to sleep, and now I am getting ready to head to bed myself.

The first two days have been crazy but fun and exciting. I cannot believe they are actually here!

No comments:

Post a Comment