Sunday, March 15, 2009

Exciting Adventure!

This morning started out with a trip to church. We went to Hillsong church again this morning. For all you Hillsong lovers, yes this is the music group Hillsong, it is one of fourteen churches they have created out of their main church in Australia. The speaker this morning was really interesting. He was a child soldier in Sudan and then was smuggled out. He is now about my age and going around telling of his story and raising money to build a school in his home town in Sudan. He believes that educating young people will be the solution to turning around this warfare and child soldier issues in Sudan. Next we went to the St. Patrick's Day festival in London. There were live bands playing irish music and many booths set up with authentic Irish food. There was also a parade. Then the exciting part of my day began. Megan and I decided we needed haircuts, because our hair had gotten really long. We found a place that would cut and wash for 6 pounds or about $9. So we walked in and I went first. The guy asked me what I wanted and then he began cutting. Everything was great until he got to my bangs. He cut them in a "V" and then put gel in my hair, to make my bangs straight across. Needless to say I immediately came home washed out the gel and cut my bangs straight across. Now they are fine and my hair looks good too. Close call, but all in all it was fun.

For all you basketball fans, yes we can get the games over here. Saw the Tarheels lose yesterday what a shame. Ha. Anyways, Kinsey and I are very excited about spring break. We have booked our plane tickets and we leave Thursday night. We will be going to Rome, Sienna, Florence, and Venice in Italy and will return the following Saturday. A week and a half in Italy! I am super excited. Hope this finds everyone doing good. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment