Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Day of Classes!

It has now been three days since I last wrote an entry. Sorry for all of you who have been checking in every day, it has been a long three days. Sunday, we decided to catch up on all the jet lag sleep. We will commence church going next Sunday possibly going to Westminster Abbey or the church that Tim Hughes is music director at. Monday we had our first education seminar. Our teacher Sue Adler is so awesome. She has been involved in so many aspects of London schools that she really knows what is going on. I have been assigned to the same school as Amanda and Elias two other Teaching Fellows. The school is called Burlington Danes Academy and you can see it at www.burlingtondanes.org . I am really excited to get started learning about how the British system is different from the American school system.

Today, we started classes. I got up at 7:45 and got ready because we had to leave for school at 8:30. It takes an hour during rush hour to get through the tube and to our school. The first class I had was my GST class called Traveling the Thames with my Elon professor. This class is looking to be really fun and learning filled. After that I have a two-hour break in which five of us sit in an empty room and talk, use the internet, and stare at each other. Then we went to my favorite class of the day. LONDON THEATRE! Our teacher is really nice and we found out today we will be reading five plays in their entirety. Best news of the day though was that we are going to our first show tomorrow night. We will be going to see Spring Awakening. Finally, my last class of the day was Diversity in London. We really just did an intro to London and were told that we would be doing things such as “people watching” for two hours. Sounds fun. Anyways, that was my last few days and I look forward to writing again. Until then, be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment