Thursday, February 26, 2009

To the Ghetto and Back!

Well today we had two classes. First I had my GST which is called Traveling the Thames. Today we went to Greenwich for this class and got to see the National Observatory and stand in two Hemispheres. We also went to places called the painted hall and the chapel. The artwork in these places were amazing. I will add pictures at a later date. As far as the second class, that is where my title of today's blog comes in. For sociology, we have extended classes every other Thursday in order to actually go out and observe. We went to a place called Hackney on the East Side of London. This was in the ghetto. It was ok though because our teacher lives here so she kept us safe. Here we visited the museum of Hackney and the museum of Childhood. I will have to say that the museum of Childhood was my favorite. It literally took me back to my childhood. I got to go back and remember all the toys I played with as a child. GI Joe's, the race track cars, and many other cool items. Basically today was long but fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment