Saturday, February 14, 2009

Our Flat, Changing of the Guard and WIMBLEDON!!

WIMBLEDON!!! Today I went to Wimbledon and it was the best thing ever for a tennis fan to see. I found a student rate tour that took you all over the facilities and gained me entrance to the museum. I got to walk all through the grounds. I saw Henman Hill, Courts 2- 19, player eating terrace, player press conference room, and finally the tunnel to and inside of court 1. We did not get to see Center Court because they are doing the retractable roof renovations, but that is okay. I got to stand and sit in places that people like Andy Roddick, Serena Williams, Venus Williams, John McEnroe, Billy Jean King, Pete Sampras, Roger Federer, and many other greats have been. Finally we took a tour through the museum where at the end I got to get as close as I will ever be to the Wimbledon trophies. So Cool!!







On Friday we went to changing of the guards. It was amazing. Like our tour guide told us the first few days, we stood by the lamppost and got the best view. We did not see a lot of the changing inside of the gate, but we did see all of the bands, horse drawn carriages and guards marching into and out of the gate. The best part though was when we realized that the Queen’s flag was flying and not the flag of Britain, which meant the queen was at Buckingham while we where watching the changing of the guard. I have added some pictures below of the band, Buckingham and the guards.






Here are pictures of the inside of my flat. My bathroom, kitchen, bedroom and dresser!







Anyways those are my adventures for the past two days. Hope you enjoyed.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know you were a huge tennis fan. Did I tell you one of the girls I graduate high school with is engaged to Andy Roddick. Yes very interesting!!

    ReplyDelete