Saturday, February 7, 2009

Stonehenge, Bath, and More!

What a day. We got on the bus this morning at 8:30. We started travel out of London and the view of rolling hills and snow came quickly as we left the city. After riding for an hour and a half we came rolling over a hill to a wonderful sight of Stonehenge. Yes, it is sitting in the middle of nowhere and there are no warning signs. I think that is what it made Stonehenge so awesome. I got so many great pictures (soon to come) of the snow-surrounded Stonehenge. In person, it was so much larger than I thought it would be from pictures. However, the best moment came when I turned to walk away and the sun popped out from behind the clouds and it was so gorgeous. Once again I got so many pictures.
Next we moved on to Bath. Just a note to begin with, I will be returning to Bath because it is filled with so many things to do and see. And for all you book lovers, I did get a chance to stop by the Jane Austen place. The most impressive however, me being a math major was the design of the city. The designer used geometric shapes to create the city roads. It went from square, to circus (circle), and then eclipse. It was pretty cool I have to admit. Also, we got to see the Roman baths. We took an hour tour through a museum that was built over and around the old baths. I had fun and found many picture opportunities once again. Overall, I really liked Bath and cannot wait to go back.
Finally when we got back to main city London, we made a quick dinner and headed out for a night on the town. We went and got on the tube and got off at the Westminster stop. As we exited the tube we rose to see Big Ben lit up with a full moon above it. We also got to view Westminster abbey from the back, and after a long walk we spent some time in front of the Queen’s residence better known as Buckingham palace. Other than that, we went and got Cinabon and are now sitting and chatting about things to do in London later in the semester. Until next time! Cherio!

No comments:

Post a Comment